Sunday 16 January 2011

Butterflies For Nanny

The end result... da daa!
Friday, Kieran didn't want to go to preschool, which is totally out of character for him.  We went, but he clung to me, and I just didn't want to leave him distressed.  It's not like he does it all the time, so thought something must be up.  Even his favourite key workers (who he talks about all the time) couldn't prise him away from me, so I decided to take him home.  Tomorrow, I'll be leaving him whatever tantrum he pulls.  I don't want him thinking he can cry it off whenever he wants - I'm not that much of a pushover... and I want to go for a run, besides it's good training for school.

The best bit of making cakes - licking the spoon/spatula!
When we got home, coats and shoes off, I told him no TV, not until after lunch, because he would usually be at preschool.  He had to play with his toys.  It meant I couldn't go for a run, or do much in writing related activities (WRA as I call it) so instead, once I'd had a cup of coffee, we baked cakes.  The boys have a few cake mixes in the cupboard from Nanny Sylvie, so Kieran chose the mini butterfly cakes, and that's what me made.

'Can I lick it?' is a constant phrase while cooking and he loved turning the Kenwood on.  'I do it.' 

And once they'd cooled and I'd made the butter icing, I cut the tops off, iced them, and Kieran added the sprinkles.  It was a nice morning, actually.  Not too stressful.  I can manage one child while trying to bake.  With two, I run out of room as I feel overcrowded - two heads trying to peer into the bowl, rather than one, plus fights over the spatula!

The mixture made twelve mini cakes... but both chefs had to try one each, so we were quickly down to ten.   They were so small, mummy could pop one in whole!  Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.