Monday 3 January 2011

Forty Books Read In 2010

Below is the list of books I read last year.  In order of reading too. 

I read 14 books involving vampires and 18 Harlequin/Mills and Boon/Silhouette romance books (these books probably did help with keeping my read count high, as they're nice and short!).  My most read author was Charlaine Harris.  I loved these books - my favourite being Dead To The World.  My favourite Mills and Boon author is Liz Fielding.  I'm glad I read the Twilight series, but I will say these books got on my nerves - I really didn't like Bella.  Every book I read this year was either a romance, or contained an element of romance, even Gerald Seymour's The Collaborator.  His book was possibly the most edge of seat reading. The End Of Mr Y could possibly be the most weirdest but still a great read (and did have a romance element too).  


My most favourite book though, of this year, and one I will likely read again in time was Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë - and I never thought I'd say that!  Picked up at Minehead Train Station for 85p!


The book I struggled most with and this could have been due to my bad back, and bad news about my sister was The Feast Of All Saints by Anne Rice.  If I put the book down, I wasn't that fussed about picking it back up again.  I think it was one that took the longest to read.

    
   


      Teresa's 2010-read book montage
   


 
 

     
Twilight

     
New Moon

     
Love Lies

     
Eclipse

     
Breaking Dawn

     
Knight In Rusty Armor  (Man Of The Month)  Anniversary The Lawlwss Heirs

     
One Night with His Wife

     
The Five-Year Baby Secret

     
Her Desert Dream/And the Bride Wore Red

     
And the Bride Wore Red

     
Sheikh Boss, Hot Desert Nights (Undressed by the Boss, #5)

     
Her Desert Family

     
The End of Mr. Y

     
Ruthless Boss, Hired Wife

     
Dead Until Dark

     
Living Dead in Dallas

     
The Feast of All Saints

     
Club Dead

     
Dead to the World

     
Dead as a Doornail

     
   

Teresa's favorite books »
 
 
 


1.       Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer
2.       New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer
3.       Love Lies by Adele Parks
4.       Eclipse (Twilight, #3) by Stephenie Meyer
5.       Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer
6.       Knight In Rusty Armor by Dixie Browning
7.       One Night with His Wife by Lynne Graham
8.       The Five-Year Baby Secret by Liz Fielding
9.       Her Desert Dream by Liz Fielding
10.   And the Bride Wore Red by Lucy Gordon
11.   Sheikh Boss, Hot Desert Nights by Susan Stephens
12.   Her Desert Family by Barbara McMahon
13.   The End of Mr. Y by Scarlett Thomas
14.   Ruthless Boss, Hired Wife by Kate Hewitt
15.   Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris
16.   Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) by Charlaine Harris
17.   The Feast of All Saints by Anne Rice
18.   Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) by Charlaine Harris
19.   Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4) by Charlaine Harris
20.   Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5) by Charlaine Harris
21.   Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6) by Charlaine Harris
22.   Surrender to the Playboy Sheikh by Kate Hardy
23.   All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7) by Charlaine Harris
24.   Christmas Angel for the Billionaire (Harlequin Romance) by Liz Fielding
25.   Under the Boss's Mistletoe by Jessica Hart
26.   From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8) by Charlaine Harris
27.   Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9) by Charlaine Harris
28.   The Collaborator by Gerald Seymour
29.   A Wedding at Leopard Tree Lodge by Liz Fielding
30.   Three Times A Bridesmaid by Nicola Marsh
31.   The Soldier by Rhonda Nelson
32.   Their Secret Baby by Kate Walker
33.   SOS: Convenient Husband Required by Liz Fielding
34.   SOS: AND Winning a Groom in 10 Dates by Cara Colter
35.   A Summer Affair by Elin Hilderbrand
36.   Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris
37.   Saving Cinderella! (Harlequin Romance) by Myrna Mackenzie
38.   12-Point Guide to Writing Romance (Studymates Writers Guides) by Kate Walker
39.   Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
40.   Love Writing: How to Make Money Writing Romantic or Erotic Fiction by Sue Moorcroft

2011's target will be 40 books too.  However I need to split time reading magazines to do with my coursework and trying to create more articles, so I won't beat myself up if I don't quite get there. 

For Christmas I was bought four fiction books and one non-fiction: 
Starting Over and All That Mullarky by Sue Moorcroft
Good at Games by Jill Mansell 
A Touch Of The Dead by Charlaine Harris 
and The Freelance Writer's Handbook by Andrew Crofts 

I want to write chick-lit and so most of my books will probably be in the genre this year - for research purposes of course!  Which one shall I start first?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.