Sunday 18 December 2011

Advent Calendar: Day 18

Yesterday we visited Santa. We do it every year, taking a steam train from Bishops Lydeard. It stops at the first station and we get off and see Santa. Adults get mince pie and a glass of sherry, while the kids get a juice and some chocolate, plus a toy from Santa.



Today I have work (so this is scheduled and it is really weird talking in past tense as if I'm writing this tomorrow, I mean today).

You may not like my next choice, but I'm feeling Christmassy now with the tree up, visiting Santa, etc. I had a crush on this man when I was only seven-ish (I think). My first ever record bought for me -  on 7" vinyl! - was by this man, and it was called Green Door.

Yep, Shakin' Stevens! Here's his Christmas song (which I quite like. You have to skip the adds, and watch a bit, then it starts up!) I always think this is just a fabulous Christmas song, with the bells and everything.  

18th December 


Is it me or does the Santa is this video look a bit scary? 

Okay - I better post something else to please you, incase Shaky doesn't rock your boat! Will Casanova (aka David Tennant) woo you?




3 comments:

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.