Sunday 1 September 2013

Still Pinching Myself

A few days on and it still feels very surreal. I have a book published.

By Harper Collins!

I tell almost every customer I serve at my 'little shop' job that I'm an author.

My mum sent me a card which arrived on the day, then that night I had a couple of writery friends over - they are my friends but they too are writers. We met through a local writing group but sort of strayed from that to meet regularly under our own steam. I drank champagne, they had coffee (as they were driving). I'd also made mini Eton Mess for us. Yesterday I bought myself some flowers because every author has flowers to celebrate her publication, yes?

Now I'm in the process of putting together a press release, and I sent a letter to the editor of Writing Magazine. My little shop has its own 'staff' newspaper which I'm going to try and get into too. This is where my marketing qualification and my Writers' Bureau course are helping me - although still not sure I've written a great press release.
It's all about finding your angle. So far I've come up with HarperCollins signs Weston-super-Mum. Or is that too cheesy?

In the meantime, I'm over on Liz Fielding's blog here. Liz is one of my favourite Mills and Boon authors, with her sweet romances that sizzle. She's also part of my RNA Chapter group, so it's lovely to meet up with her every six weeks or so - I try not to have a fan girl moment and remain cool.

And if you want to read more about me, I am also on AJ Nuest's blog who is a fellow author.

Right, back to the press release and blog questionnaires...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.