Saturday 23 August 2014

Summer Holiday Antics and Book Signings

In between Jill Mansell & Lindsey Kelk :)
Dear Lord! I'm neglecting my blog again.

In my defence, it is the school holidays!

And there is only a week left then they are back to school.

I'm not sure if I've got the uniform ready or what. I'm not even sure if they need new school uniform. Tough if they do. I've spent all my money entertaining them.

The boys were with their dad for the first couple of weeks, and in that time I did manage to do my book signing. I wrote the experience up and posted it on the Harper Impulse blog. So check that out too!

It was great! I sold out. I had lots of support from friends. The hardest part was knowing what to write inside the book when signing it.

Below are some of the photos - proof I have been entertaining the kids!

Fact's The Way To Do It, Lad!
I have lots more but I haven't had a chance to download them from my camera yet. But you can see we've been fairly busy. We've seen steam trains, a Victorian home, fairground rides, a Gromit and fed swans. We've played rounders on the beach and even paddled, albeit a bit cold (it's felt like February not August).

I know I'll be glad when the kids are back at school. I'm in need of a rest. Plus, I might actually get back into the habit of writing. All these day trips out are very tiring, and not so good when it comes to trying to write words to a story. The kids have been having late nights, and I've been following very shortly after. September I will write, honest.

GWR Steam Train Museum

Brean Leisure Park

An afternoon on the beach... albeit a bit cold

And of course, Slimbridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.