Wednesday 22 July 2015

My Secret Obsession With Short Men

It's not much of a secret, but the title sounded good.

Now, I'm 5'6". Not particularly tall, but not particularly short either for a woman. I'd say I'm average really.

I prefer tall/taller men. However, the man I married (now my ex-husband) was 5' 6" - actually he'd argue he was half an inch taller because that made all the difference. How did this happen, when I prefer taller men?

Actually I've learnt over the past couple of years, I don't really have a 'type' as such. They do have to have something appealing, and the chemistry, obviously, but it doesn't really matter if they're short or tall, I'll still fancy them - as long as they're not shorter than me! But it's hard to put a finger in my type of guy.

I've always preferred taller men, thinking they should always be that bit taller than their girlfriends/wives. And when writing, my heroes will always be tall, and taller than the heroines.

For me, I do like guys around the 5'10" mark or taller. Brad Pitt is 5' 11" - PERFECT!

Too much taller than 6' and they'd scare me I think. Bradley Cooper is 6' 0.5" (1.85m) - even better! So, basically, I'm looking for a guy between Brad Pitt and Bradley Cooper :)

But what is it with short men, because I really like them too... yet the one needs to be tall. Please be tall!

I mean I just LOVE Martin Freeman but he is only 5' 6.5" tall (1.69m). (Arguably as tall as my ex-husband).

And then there is Richard Hammond in all his 5' 7" (1.7m) greatness. He is the only reason I watch Top Gear!

Tom Cruise is the same height as Richard Hammond.

However, in comparison, the lovely, delectable, Tom Hiddleston is 6' 1.75" tall (1.87m) - Another reason why I am in love with Tom. He's tall, he can dance, act... he has blond hair, blue eyes... What is not to like about Tom Hiddleston.

Opps, sorry, was supposed to be talking about my obsession for short men...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.