Thursday 20 October 2016

Whilst Running...

Sometimes, just sometimes, (like today) when I'm not even a mile in to my run, and know I have another three more miles to go, I'm wondering why the hell I do it. Why do I run? Especially now the weather is turning and getting colder...

It feels like an effort to put one foot in front of the other...

I'm thinking why don't I just not exercise and let myself get out of shape...

Then, once I've finished my four mile run, I realise I feel fantastic. I know that sacrificing forty minutes of my spare time, making time for me, was worth it.

My general outlook in life has improved, my mood has been lifted and I'm in a better frame of mind. I've even had forty minutes to brainstorm any writing I'm working on. And on the plus side, I can still fit in my clothes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try to reply when I can. Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.